A-01 - Permanency Considerations: Adoption or Guardianship IntermediatePermanency Planning Child Welfare
"Permanency Considerations: Adoption or Guardianship" offers a comprehensive overview of the permanency planning options (reunification, adoption, guardianship and non-parental custody agreements) for dependent children. This course includes a discussion of all potential permanency plans and the benefits and limitations of each permanency option as well as methods to reach consensus on a plan that is in the child’s best interests. A comparison of adoption, guardianship and non-parental (third party) custody agreements will be offered. The qualifications required to receive a subsidy through the Relative Guardianship Assistance Program (R-GAP) will be explained in detail.
1. Participants will have knowledge of Children’s Administration shared planning policy.
2. Participants will have an understanding of as well as the benefits and limitations of, each permanency planning option available to dependent children.
3. Participants will have an understanding of the legal responsibilities of adoption, guardianship and non-parental custody agreements.
4. Participants will be able to relate the differences between guardianships, adoptions and third party custody agreements.
5. Participants will have knowledge of the Relative Guardianship Assistance Program and the specific requirements to qualify for this subsidy.